Recipe for a Broken Heart: Coconut-Almond Maca Latte
This drink is my new go-to. Creamy, comforting, and a little bit sweet, it hits all those spots in super healthy way. Plus I've added adaptogens to help your body manage the stress from a broken heart, cuz heartbreak puts some big ‘ole strain on the body. All it takes is some heating and blending - so easy you could make it every day. And since it's caffeine-free, you can sip it in the afternoon or evening without worrying about disrupting your sleep.
Maca and Reishi: Adaptogens nourish your adrenal glands (the glands responsible for producing the body’s stress hormones cortisol and adrenalin), and help your body rebalance its self. Reishi is also super immune boosting.
Coconut oil for extra creaminess, great skin, and metabolism-boosting. Win!
- 1 Cup heated Califia Farms Coconut-Almond Milk, homemade coconut milk , or milk substitute of choice (just watch out for added sugars). This Califia Farms milk is my new obsession because a) it tastes freaking amazing b) there are no added sugars c) it’s carrageenan-free.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp reishi mushroom powder, or mushroom-powder blend
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice
- optional: stevia or honey or taste
- Blend all ingredients in your blending vessel (anyone have a better name for it?) – nutribullet, blender, etc. - until slightly frothy. I just use a wide-mouth mason jar with an immersion blender.
- Pour into your favorite mug & sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder, or pumpkin pie spice. Ta-da!
You can (and totally should if you want) make this everyday.
Grow Happy, Grow Healthy