These almond butter bliss balls are an easy make-ahead snack that's perfect for that mid-afternoon slump, pre-workout, or even a quick breakfast on the go. They're filled with protein and healthy fats to keep you satisfied and keep your blood sugar from plummeting (read: no hangries, or crazy cravings), and so tasty! I've added maca powder for some adrenal support, to help keep your bod and hormones balanced from all of life's stresses.
- 3/4 C almond butter (or any nut butter - please choose a nut butter without any additional oils or sugar!)
- 1/2 C raisins or dried cranberries (no added sugars or oils! See a theme here?)
- 1/3 C pumpkin or sesame sees (you know what I'm going to say)
- 3-4 tsp maca powder
- squeeze honey, maple syrup, or stevia to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla or almond extract, optional
- 1/4 C shredded coconut (unsweetened, no additional oils...you know the things)
Combine all ingredients, except for the coconut, in a food processor and pulse until well-blended and chunky. Alternatively, use a traditional or immersion blender. Taste and adjust flavor if necessary.
Spoon out tablespoon sized amounts of the batter, roll into balls in your hands, and roll in the shredded coconut on a plate. Spread balls on a parchment or wax paper-covered cookie sheet or plate. Refrigerate. Once firm (about 20 minutes), store in a container in the fridge, or freezer. Ta-da!
*You can use any nut-butter for this recipe. I love the flavor of almond butter, and almonds contain B-vitamins which are great for healthy nerve function and helping your body cope with stress. Cashew butter would also be delicious, and the niacin in cashews is great for your mood!
Tell me in the comments how you like 'em!
Grow Happy, Grow Healthy